Pain Management in the Older Adult*
Case Study Author
Cynthia Johnston, PharmD, BCPS, BCOP, CPEAssistant Professor of Pharmacy PracticeCampbell University College of Pharmacy & Health Sciences
Cynthia Johnston, PharmD, BCPS, BCOP, CPE has no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
Upon completion of this activity, the learner should be able to:
- Assess acute and chronic pain using comprehensive tools.
- Identify age-related issues that must be considered when analgesics and adjuvant medications are used to treat pain in the older adult.
- Prepare a pain treatment plan for an older adult with an acute lower back injury.
- Prepare a pain treatment plan for an older adult with osteoarthritis-related pain.
- Prepare a pain treatment plan for an older adult with a chronic neuropathic pain condition.
Each user has 365 days access to the course from date of purchase.
Pharmacy Continuing Education: The American Society of Consultant Pharmacists (ASCP) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. This application-based activity (UAN: 0203-0000-11-102-H01-P) was developed by ASCP and is approved for 2.5 Contact Hours.
This course is not approved for Florida consultant license requirements.
- ACPE: 2.50
- Course opens: Mon, 07/11/2011 - 00:00
- Course expires: Fri, 07/11/2014 - 00:00
- Non-member Cost: $27.00
- Member Cost: $18.00