Falls in Older Adults*
Note: There is no audio for this course module.
Case Study Author
Penny S. Shelton, PharmD, CGP, FASCPDirector of Experiential ProgramsCampbell University College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
Penny S. Shelton, PharmD, CGP, FASCP has no financial relationships to disclose.
At the completion of this case, the learner will be able to:
- Assess an older patient for the presence of falls risk factors.
- Examine a patient’s medication regimen to identify medications known to increase the risk of falling.
- Interpret a review of systems for the purpose of identifying possible adverse drug events.
- Recommend a treatment plan to reduce a patient’s falls risk.
- Specify parameters for monitoring a patient’s drug therapy and outcomes.
Each user has 365 days access to the course from date of purchase.
Pharmacy Continuing Education: The American Society of Consultant Pharmacists (ASCP) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. This application-based activity (UAN: 0203-0000-11-098-H01-P) was developed by ASCP and is approved for 2.5 Contact Hours.
This course is not approved for Florida consultant license requirements.
- ACPE: 2.50
- Course opens: Mon, 07/11/2011 - 00:00
- Course expires: Fri, 07/11/2014 - 00:00
- Non-member Cost: $25.20
- Member Cost: $18.00