AGS Beers Criteria - 2012 Updated Version
Beers Criteria - 2012 Updated Version
The live version of this activity took place on May 23, 2012 in Anaheim, CA. If you attended and received credit for the live event you may NOT receive credit for this archived event.
Judith L. Beizer, PharmD
St. Johns University College of Pharmacy
Nicole J. Brandt, PharmD
Assistant Professor & Deputy Director
University of Maryland School of Pharmacy
Todd P. Semla, MS, PharmD
Clinical Pharmacy Specialist
U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Pharmacy Benefits Management Service
Judith L. Beizer and Nicole J. Brandt disclose no relevant financial relationships or conflict of interest in relation to this activity.
Todd P. Semla discloses the following: Member, Omnicare P&T Committee; Author & Editor, LexiComp, Inc.; and Spouse is an employee of Abbott Laboratories.
At the conclusion of this application-based activity the participant will be able to:
- Describe the history of the Beers Criteria.
- Discuss the evidence-based approach to developing explicit criteria.
- Review the AGS 2012 Beers Criteria and compare them to the 2003 version.
- Given a case example, apply the AGS 2012 Beers Criteria in medication management.
Continuing Pharmacy Education
The American Society of Consultant Pharmacists (ASCP) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. This application-based activity (UAN: 0203-0000-12-049-H01-P) is approved for 1.5 contact hours.
- ACPE: 1.50
- Course opens: Wed, 05/23/2012 - 00:00
- Course expires: Fri, 05/22/2015 - 00:00
- Non-member Cost: $15.00
- Member Cost: $10.00